The job below is with an external company. Rend Lake College is providing the following as a service to the hiring company. The college cannot answer any questions about these positions. Please contact the employer with questions.
Maintenance Technician I in Mount Vernon, Illinois
National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. We operate across 34 states and three provinces. All organizations share a strong commitment to provide the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. National Express School (NEXS) operates more than 22,500 school buses, serves more than 550 school districts in 31 states and three provinces, and transports more than 1.3 million students on a daily basis. National Express Transit (NEXT) operations transport more than 22 million passengers annually with more than 2,800 vehicles. National Express Shuttle (WeDriveU) serves more than nine million corporate and university passengers annually. NELLC’s corporate headquarters, located in Lisle, Illinois, houses the administrative and corporate support functions for the organization. Our 290 local customer service centers (CSCs) are supported by regional operations teams located throughout North America. Learn more at nellc.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
Company name is: Durham School Services
- Minimum of five years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
- Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
- Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Diesel Technician
- Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
- Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
- ASE Certification desirable but not required
At National Express our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law