StudentServices 2 snowbird main art


RL Cares gfx Artboard 1

RL-Cares is a free service encouraging students to discuss various issues, personal and academic, pertaining to one’s educational future. Referral to on- or off-campus resources, academic planning, connecting with community organizations and development of a plan-of-action are potential outcomes from an RL-Cares meeting. Email us at [email protected] or call (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1225.

Schedule A Meeting | Refer Someone 

Mental Health Resources

Mental Health America

RLC has many resources available for people who are looking to improve mental health. The college has partnered with Mental Health America, a college mental health support system that includes contact information for local institutions and national help hotlines. These contacts are not just limited to college students. Anyone from the general public is encouraged to utilize these resources.

Reaching out for support is the first step towards feeling better. If you need help, please reach out to the resources provided.

Mental Health AmericaCommunity Resource Booklet


bettermynd promo hd

Rend Lake College is partnered with BetterMynd to offer our students access to private online therapy sessions from their diverse network of licensed mental health counselors.

These 50-minute, live video-sessions are private, confidential, and can take place from the convenience of your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Sessions are available during the day, at night, and on the weekends. BetterMynd also provides free self-help resources and free group workshops to all Rend Lake students.

To register and get started with a counselor that’s a good fit for you, sign-up here.

If you have any questions about these services, you can also email BetterMynd at [email protected]


Student Emergency Fund

The Rend Lake College Emergency Fund was created to assist RLC students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency or catastrophic event which would otherwise prevent them from continuing their education at RLC.  All funds are provided through various fund raising activities and donations.  While funds provided through this fund are not a loan, students receiving funds are encouraged to donate to the fund at a later date if possible so that other students may also benefit. 

To Learn More, Click Here.

On-Campus Resources

Food Pantry

food pantry 2 icon

Our Food Pantry was created for students struggling to get adequate food. Studies show more than 30% of community college students in the U.S. are going hungry. And the numbers are growing. If you are dealing with food insecurity, RLC can help.  

Submit A Food Pantry Application 

Housing Assistance

In an effort to provide assistance to students experiencing homelessness, Rend Lake College has designated a staff member, Sarah Draper, to serve as a liaison to assist enrolled students who are experiencing housing insecurity.  Sarah is happy to help connect you with campus and community resources surrounding housing insecurity.

Local Housing Authorities: 

  • Franklin County: 618-439-2601
  • Hamilton County: 618-643-3265
  • Jefferson County: 618-244-5910
  • Perry County: 618-542-5409
  • Wayne County: 618-842-9008
  • White County: 618-966-3868
  • Federal Housing Assistance: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development:  

For a complete list of resources in our area please download our RL-Cares Community Resource Booklet 


Laptop and Loaner Webcam Program

Loaner Laptop Program

Rend Lake College has a Laptop and Webcam Loaner Program. If you need to borrow a laptop or webcam to complete coursework, please contact the RL-Cares program at [email protected] or by calling 618-437-5321 x 1225. Laptops require a deposit of $60. If you are a financial aid recipient, you may use FAFSA to pay the deposit. Webcams do not require a deposit. You will need to return the laptop/webcam at the end of the semester or contact RL-Cares to extend the terms of your loaner agreement.

Post-Secondary Education Services for Youth In Care

If you are a student exiting DCFS/youth in care, you might be eligible for educational funding.  For more information, visit the Illinois DCFS website DCFS ( 

Student Ambassadors

student ambassadors gfx Home Slide 2.37 1


The student ambassador program is a leadership opportunity for an honorary group of students who are dedicated to serving and representing Rend Lake College.  Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, seek to enhance prospective student’s knowledge about the various student support services and programs offered at Rend Lake College, service as a Rend Lake College representative within the campus community, and perform duties at various Rend Lake College campus and community events.


  • Develop an expanded knowledge of Rend Lake College

  • Conduct campus tours for new students, schools, classes and guests.

  • Assist with the preparation and implementation of Warrior Days and Orientation.

  • Represent Rend Lake College during college events.

  • Assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by various Rend Lake College departments.

  • Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student

  • Assist with a variety of office-related tasks.

  • Attend periodic meetings and required training

  • All other duties as assigned


  • Gain experience through community involvement and service

  • Develop a wide range of transferrable skills to benefit both personal and professional ventures

  • Gain leadership skills to enhance a resume as well as university and scholarship applications

  • Create relationships that lead to letters of recommendation

  • Help students and the community learn more about Rend Lake College

  • Receive an official Rend Lake College polo and nametag


Qualifications to Apply

  • Must be a currently enrolled Rend Lake College student for the application year

  • Must have completed at least one semester or at least six credit hours at Rend Lake College to apply

  • Must have a semester and a cumulative GPA of 2.5.

  • Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the college.

  • The position has a one year minimum commitment.

  • Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.

  • Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline, and enthusiasm.

Student Ambassadors….

  • Are positive

  • Excel at communicating with others

  • Provide excellent customer service

  • Have Warrior Pride

  • Are open to learning new things

  • Have a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.

  • Will receive a three-credit hour tuition award


To apply:

  • Request a Student Ambassador Application by emailing [email protected]

  • Submit the application by March 15th for the upcoming year.

**Please note ~Applying to the Student Ambassador Program does not guarantee acceptance to the program.



  • Simply complete the Student Ambassador Nomination Form and submit by 3/15/2024 – the nominated students will be reviewed and contacted to complete an application. You can get a nomination form by emailing [email protected]

For more information:

Vickie Schulte

Dean of Student Success and Development

618-437-5321, ext 1331

[email protected]

Phone: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1225
Toll-free (In-District): 1-800-369-5321 Ext. 1225
Email: [email protected]
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: RL-Cares
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: RL-Cares


Perkins - Special Populations

The Perkins V/Special Populations program offers assistance to qualified career and technical education students. Services offered include tutoring, transportation reimbursement, books and supplies. In order to qualify for the program, you must receive a PELL Grant, be a career and technical education major and have completed 12 semester hours with a grade point average of 2.0 or better. Selections are based on need. More information is available by contacting the Perkins Director at 618-437-5321, Ext. 1267.

Among career and technical students participating in the Perkins/Special Populations Program are those who…

  • Need to upgrade skills in reading, math, and writing
  • Have difficulty in a class
  • Receive some form of financial assistance
  • Learn in a non-traditional way
  • Are physically challenged
  • Are out-of-workforce individuals
  • Are displaced homemakers
  • Are single parents
  • Are homeless
  • Have aged out of foster care
  • Have a parent who is active military


The Perkins/Special Populations Program provides services to students that include:

  • Peer and group tutoring
  • Academic and career guidance and counseling
  • Assistance with payment of certain lab fees, books and supplies
  • Career planning
  • Special instructional materials
  • Note-taking

Some limited services available only for specific programs:

  • Transportation monies


Assistance and more information is available from:

 Ready To Get Started

Rend Lake College's Skills Center provides relevant and accessible educational opportunities to adult learners who have decided to earn a State of Illinois High School Diploma by attending GED classes. The program curriculum is designed to develop skills in reading, writing, and math. Workforce preparation skills are integrated within the curriculum.

For more information, call (618) 437-5321 or toll-free at (800) 369-5321, Ext. 1220 / 1241 / or 1244, or email [email protected].

skills center grads tapia 3 web


Classes are Available on the Following Days and Times:
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Class locations are available at the Rend Lake College Market Place in Mt. Vernon and Rend Lake College Campus in Ina.

Remote classes are available to students who qualify. 


The local libraries have study spaces, tablets, WIFI, and other materials available for Rend Lake College Adult Education students.

Locations include: Benton, McLeansboro, Mount Vernon, Sesser, and Wayne City 


Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)

All students enrolling in a Skills Center class must take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) in reading and math. The TABE results give an indication of a student’s grade level equivalency (GLE). The TABE also provides a detailed report about the skills each student needs to improve. Using this report, instructors can develop a learning plan that will move students through classes as quickly as possible.



High School Equivalency (GED)


No high school diploma/GED or below 9th grade in reading or math. Students with a high school diploma can enroll to brush up on academic skills before enrolling in college or to advance in the workforce.

Two Levels: Reading/Language Arts Only or Math Only


ABE Reading/Language Arts – reading between 4th and 9th grades

ASE Reading/Language Arts – reading between 9th and 12 grades

ABE Math – math between 6th and 9th grades

ASE Math – math between 9th and 12 grades

Students can enroll in these classes if they only need to study math or reading to pass a GED test or if they want to increase their skills in these subjects.

Bridge: Healthcare/Information Technology/Manufacturing


Reading or math between 6th and 9th grades

ICAPS: Phlebotomy/Welding/Machining/IT


Reading or math between 9th and 12th grades

Class Locations

Skills Center classes are offered at the following locations. Class schedules vary from location to location. Contact a member of the Skills Center team for enrollment information at a location near you.

Rend Lake College MarketPlace
Suite B
327 Potomac Blvd.
Mount Vernon, IL 62864

Rend Lake College Main Campus
468 N Ken Gray Pkwy
Ina, IL 62846

Remote classes are available to students who qualify.

Bridge Program

The Skills Center Bridge classes provide students with the opportunity to improve their intermediate skills in reading, writing, numeracy, technology skills, and oral communication while exploring careers in healthcare, manufacturing, or information technology.


Through the Integrated Career and Academic System (ICAPS), students work to complete their GED and are co-enrolled in credit career and technical education (CTE) courses through an integrated instructional model. It is supplemented by support courses and comprehensive student support services. It also includes team teaching with the CTE and Skills Center instructors. The model provides career pathway/employment opportunities for students while enabling transition into additional postsecondary certificate/degree programs or the workforce.

The Skills Center offers ICAPS in four pathways:



Students in the Phlebotomy program will learn techniques, procedures and issues pertaining to the proper collection of blood specimens for routine clinical laboratory testing. Clinical experiences will give students the chance to use what they have learned in direct care situations.

Employment of phlebotomists is projected to grow 17 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. Hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, blood donor centers, and other locations will need phlebotomists to perform bloodwork. The median annual wage for phlebotomists was $35,510 in May 2019.

Welding Fundamentals


Welding programs are designed to provide the student with a wide range of welding experiences. Programs will cover welding theory, blueprint reading, metallurgy and inspection and test procedures. There will be extensive laboratory practice in SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and oxy-acetylene welding processes. The student will learn to weld with electrodes and wires in all positions common to the welding industry. Program completers will have adequate skills to qualify for employment as a welder.

The nation’s aging infrastructure will require the expertise of welders, cutters, solderers, and brazers to help rebuild bridges, highways, and buildings. The median annual wage for welders, cutters, solderers, and brazers was $42,490 in May 2019.

Basic Machining


This certificate is for those students who are seeking to improve their skills for the machining industry. Students will learn the fundamentals of machining using lathes and milling machining. The fundamentals of setting up the machine, selecting the correct tool, adjusting tool speed, determining depth of cut, and the use of precision measuring tools will be covered.

Employment of machinists is projected to grow 4 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations. With improvements in technologies, such as computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools, autoloaders, high-speed machining, and lights-out manufacturing, machinists will still be required to set up, monitor, and maintain these systems. The median annual wage for machinists was $44,420 in May 2019.

IT Support Professional


This course is an introduction to the fundamentals of IT support. Topics include troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, and security. The instructional content prepares students for industry-recognized credentials including Google IT Support professional and CompTIA A+.

Employment of computer support specialists is projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. More support services will be needed as organizations upgrade their computer equipment and software. Computer support staff will be needed to respond to the installation and repair requirements of increasingly complex computer equipment and software. The median annual wage for computer user support specialists was $52,270 in May 2019.

GED Testing Scholarship

Need Help Paying for GED Test?

GED® Testing Fee Scholarship Application Guidelines

  1. In order to be eligible to apply students must:
  • Be currently enrolled in a Rend Lake College Adult Education class
  • Meet the attendance and class Code of Conduct policy
  • Pass the GED Ready® practice test a minimum score of 145 (Likely to Pass)
  • Have the recommendation of his/her teacher
  • Accurately complete the application form
  1. Completed forms should be emailed to the RLC Skills Center at [email protected]
  1. Final approval for payment of GED Tests will be decided by the administration team of the RLC Adult Education Program
  1. RLC Adult Education has the right to deny or refuse any application

Please click here to complete application





College Survival Guide

This mini-survival guide has been prepared especially for YOU in an attempt to make your transition into the college environment a smooth one. RLC Student Services understands your frustration! We have been listening . . . and we know you often have found yourself saying, “NOBODY TOLD ME!” So, we put together a list that hopefully will answer many of your questions about life at Rend Lake College.


Nobody told me...

  • I need to fill out an application form. (In-State residents can complete our New Student Enrollment Form)
  • I need proof (such as a driver’s license or a utility bill) that I am a resident of District 521 (RLC’s District) to be eligible for in-district tuition.
  • I must have my high school and college transcripts sent to RLC’s Student Records Office.
  • If I decide to use my Social Security number as an identifying number, I need to make sure that I use my correct Social Security number on all documents.
  • It is acceptable to NOT have a major during my freshman year.
  • RLC’s nursing programs are selective admissions programs and have specific admission requirements. If I am interested in the nursing program, I should contact the Allied Health Division, Ext. 1251.


Nobody told me...

  • It is a good idea to see an advisor before registration each semester. (Complete list of academic advisors)
  • Classmates are not advisors.
  • The catalog contains information about ALL classes and programs of study offered at RLC. (The catalog is available online.)
  • Withdrawals will not affect my GPA, but they may affect my financial aid.
  • The Associate in Arts (AA) and the Associate in Science (AS) degrees are different.
  • The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree can transfer. Check with your advisor for transferability to a four-year institution.
  • I need to fulfill the constitution requirement to complete my Associate Degree, including the AAS.
  • I need to APPLY FOR GRADUATION the semester before I plan to graduate. (Apply for Graduation)
  • My GPA can affect many things . . . graduation, future college enrollment, scholarship applications, jobs, etc.

Registration / Enrollment

Nobody told me...

  • The first time I register, I need to complete all enrollment procedures in person.
  • I need RLC placement test scores or ACT scores and any college transcripts on file with RLC before enrolling in classes.
  • Schedules are available before enrollment begins, both in paper copy and online.
  • Students are responsible for enrolling, dropping, and withdrawing from classes.
  • Dropping a class and withdrawing from a class are two different things.
  • I will be dropped from my courses for non-payment. Students receiving aid should always contact the Financial Aid Office when registering to be certain that their paperwork is complete.
  • I should not assume that I will be dropped from my courses for not attending.
  • All of my fines and balances must be paid before I can enroll.
  • If I get dropped for non-payment, I will have to pay a $25 service charge before I can re-enroll.

Financial Aid

Nobody told me...

  • I need to apply for financial aid each year, preferably early in the year.
  • I do not need to be a full-time student to be eligible for financial aid.
  • I need to go to the Financial Aid Office to check how withdrawals affect my aid before withdrawing.
  • Non-attendance in my classes will affect the amount of financial aid that I will be eligible to receive.


Nobody told me...

  • There are free tutors available for all students in the Learning Enhancement Center.
  • I am responsible for requesting official transcripts to be sent to other schools.
  • Assistance is available for veterans.
  • I can receive credit for volunteerism and cooperative work study programs.
  • To receive my diploma, I must apply for graduation and pay a graduation fee. The diploma will be mailed 4-6 weeks after the end of the semester. (More information:Graduation)
  • I can ask RL-Cares ANY question. ALL questions are valid!
  • Librarians are willing to help with research projects.
  • The Student Code of Conduct found in the Student Handbook binds all students.
  • I need a Rend Lake College Student ID.

Transferring to a Four-Year University

Nobody told me...

  • I need to be considering attendance at a university early in my college career.
  • I need to contact the universities and ask them to send me their catalogs, applications, scholarship information, program specific information, housing information, etc.
  • While RLC advisors will assist me in choosing the appropriate transfer courses, I should contact the university where I plan to transfer and confirm these choices.
  • I will need to request an official transcript be sent to my transfer college.
  • That A.A.S. degrees can transfer to a university.

Student Services
Phone Number: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1343
Email Student Services
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: Student Services
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: Student Services

graduation announcement forsale leaderboard 


The Commencement ceremony is the culmination of the student’s program of study. Each May, Rend Lake College conducts a graduation exercise whereby faculty, staff, family and friends come together to recognize and honor academic achievements. All eligible degree and certificate recipients are encouraged to participate in the Commencement ceremony.

Participation in this ceremony is allowed prior to verification of completion of final courses. The student should be within six credit hours of fulfilling graduation requirements, and requirements should be completed in the summer session following May graduation. The actual degree or certificate is posted to the official transcript and the certificate or diploma is released when all requirements have been met and verified by the Director of Student Records.

Rend Lake College Commencement is:
Saturday, May 11, 2024
Waugh Gymnasium, Ina Campus
Ceremony 1 - 8:30 am
Ceremony 2 - 11:00 am

Things You Need To Know About Graduation

  • The Spring Graduation ceremonies will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2024, at Waugh Gymnasium.
  • The first ceremony at 8:30 a.m. will be for our Associate in Arts, Science, Engineering, and Fine Arts graduates.
  • The second ceremony at 11:00 a.m. will be for our Associate in Applied Science and Occupational Certificate graduates.
  • Graduates must arrive at the South Oasis, 30 minutes prior to their ceremony to line up.
  • Caps and gowns will be available for pick-up in the Student Records Office April 29 - May 3, 2024 and during final exam week, May 6 - 10, 2024. Pick up times will be 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. on Friday. Someone else may pick up your cap & gown for you, if you are not available during these times.
  • Seating for graduation is on a first come, first-served basis. There is no limit to the number of guests that you can invite. For those guests unable to attend the ceremony, there will be live video streaming of the graduation ceremonies on our YouTube channel.
  • Graduation announcements are available from the Rend Lake College Book Store. You may contact the Book Store at (618) 437-5321, ext. 1330 for pricing information.
  • Family and friends will have the opportunity this year to purchase flowers for their graduate at the ceremony. Red or white carnations will be available for $2 per stem or at a discounted rate for a bouquet.
  • If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa, graduation stoles may be purchased from Jena Jensik, Dean of Enrollment Services, in the Advisement Center in the Administration Building. You may reach Dean Jensik at (618) 437-5321, ext. 1293 or [email protected].
  • If you are a Veteran of the Armed Forces and wish to be recognized in the program at the graduation ceremony, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (618) 437- 5321, ext. 1385 or at [email protected].
  • Please note that there will be a photographer for the commencement ceremony. Your picture will be taken when you line up, before crossing the stage, as well as when you receive your diploma cover on stage. More information regarding picture ordering will be available when you pick up your cap & gown. Preregister with the event photographer. Click HERE for the 8:30 a.m. ceremony. Click HERE for the 11:00 a.m. ceremony.  
  • If for any reason you are unable to attend the ceremony, please call Student Records as soon as possible.


Spring 2024 Rend Lake College Commencement Videos & Live Streams

8:30 AM Ceremony: Associate in Arts, Science, Engineering, and Fine Arts Graduates
11:00 AM Ceremony: Associate in Applied Science and Occupational Certificate Graduates 


Graduation Application Process

Students must apply to receive their respective diplomas for an Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Fine Arts Degree, Associate in Engineering Science Degree, Associate in Applied Science Degree or a certificate for Occupational Certificate programs. Students who complete the Graduation Application form will receive a pre-graduation academic audit and be informed of any deficiencies.

Meeting graduation requirements ultimately is the responsibility of the student. Students are encouraged to be familiar with the catalog and program requirements and to work with their academic advisors or counselors in selecting courses.

Students may fulfill degree/certificate requirements

  1. Of the catalog in effect at the time of their initial enrollment, provided they have maintained continuous enrollment, or
  2. Students may elect to fulfill the degree/certificate requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of their graduation.

Students entering under the degree and certificate requirements cited in this catalog will continue under these requirements as long as they are continuous students at Rend Lake College. Standing as a continuous student is lost if either of the following should occur:

  1. The student does not complete credit classes at Rend Lake College for two consecutive semesters, excluding summer terms.
  2. A period of five years elapses before the degree or certificate is completed.

If students are unable to complete the requirements within the five-year time frame, they may appeal to the Vice President of Student Services to use a specified catalog other than the one in effect at the time of re-enrollment or at time of graduation.

Students may be required to follow degree requirements outlined in later catalogs when certificate, degree programs or courses have been extensively modified from previous catalogs. The Vice President of Instruction makes this decision.


  • First Friday in May for Summer graduation (July)
  • First Friday in September for Fall graduation (December)
  • First Friday in December for Spring graduation (May)

Student Records
Phone Number: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1231
Email: [email protected]
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: Student Records
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: Student Records

Housing & Transportation


Rend Lake College does not own housing. However, there are many privately owned housing options for students looking to live in a community near the Ina Campus. Some cities and towns near Ina include Bonnie, Benton, Sesser, Mt. Vernon, Whittington and Ewing. View a map.

Disclaimer: The facilities for sale/rent listed below are privately owned. They are not assets of Rend Lake College.

Housing Listed ▼

Apple Tree Apartment Rentals (618) 437-5735
Ina, IL 62846

• Three Bedroom Downstairs Apartment for three students. Includes: all utilities, internet, satellite, dishwasher, washer/dryer, screened deck, large fenced yard. First month rent, last month rent, security deposit; and credit check.
• Large One Bedroom Furnished Split Upstairs Apartment for two students. Includes: all utilities, internet, satellite, washer/dryer, screened deck, fenced yard. First month rent, last month rent, security deposit; and credit check.
• Efficiency Apartment for one student. Includes: all utilities, internet, satellite, dishwasher, washer/dryer, fenced yard. First month rent, last month rent, security deposit; and credit check.

Chesterfield Village (618) 242-7534
4201 Valley Forge Rd.
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864

Students may rent only if parent/guardian will co-sign. They offer studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments ranging from $750 per month to $1100 per month. There is an application fee of $30 and a $250 deposit. No pets allowed.  Call directly to provider for most current pricing and details. 

Economy Inn (618) 214-1715
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864

• American owned inn. Clean and quite rooms, all utilities furnished, plus large Ref, TV, HBO, Micro, Furniture, phone, laundry, private mailboxes, starting at $275 plus tax per week. Can work out other payment plans for students.
• House for rent. Excellent location, two bedrooms, with refrigerator and stove, central heating and a/c, with storage shed. 
• House for rent. Excellent location, one bedroom with full basement and garage, appliances, new paint and carpet. 

Call for pricing and details.

Hill City Apartments (618) 534-3373
Benton, IL 62812

1 and 2 bedroom apartments, no pets. Leased at owners discretion.

Martlet Star (312)-404-1212
Benton, IL
Contact: Ask for Mr. Quincy

Rooms for rent. Prices range from $460 per month with $300 deposit. 10 month lease or negotiable. Fully furnished with all necessary appliances. All utilities included, including basic cable and Wi-Fi internet. No pets.

Rend Lake Apartments (314) 749-0243
Ina, IL 62846

Within walking distance to campus. 2 Bedroom/2 bath Student Apartment. Located just south of Rend Lake College. 


Call individual providers for most current pricing details.  


MetroTravelGuide - Provides a map of hotels within 15 miles of the Rend Lake College Main Campus



Are you looking for transportation to and from Rend Lake College?

Students can charge South Central Transit (SCT) money cards to their financial aid if they have funds remaining after their direct expenses with the college have been paid. SCT is a public shuttle that services Franklin and Jefferson counties. They have many pick-up and drop-off points within those counties.

Bus Route Maps

Please visit the SCT website at and download your route in the lower left at the bottom of the page. 

Bus passes are available for purchase. If you are interested in using your extra financial aid funds to purchase an SCT money card, please contact RLC Financial Aid.  

For full fare schedule information, see below:

Full Fare Schedule

South Central Transit Money Card Fare Information

Visit SCT website for full fare information:

Discounts are provided for veterans, persons with disabilities, senior citizens, children, and those who purchase Money Cards.



Student Services
Phone Number: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1343
Email Student Services
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: Student Services
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: Student Services

Disability Services

Disability Access Services provides accommodations and services to students with documented disabilities who are currently enrolled at Rend Lake College. These accommodations and services are offered in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.


  • Rend Lake College values neurodiversity, including conditions such as autism, ADHD, dyslexia, and dyspraxia, as a crucial aspect of human variation that enhances our educational journey and community. Our commitment is to foster a supportive environment where neurodivergent individuals are acknowledged, respected, and enabled to unleash their full capabilities.

    Working together, we can create a brighter future for all individuals, including those with neurodivergent conditions, by providing them with the necessary resources, support, and opportunities for success in and out of the classroom. Our commitment to embracing neurodiversity and learning more about its impact will bring positive outcomes for everyone involved.


You are otherwise qualified for the program or class and your disability interferes with your ability to participate in class.
You are otherwise qualified for the program or class and you have a legitimate educational purpose and need for requested accommodations or materials for use in class.


Equal opportunity and access to participate, work and learn
Reasonable accommodations
Appropriate confidentiality
Information about available services and accommodations
Accessible campus facilities


Identify themselves early in order to receive requested accommodations in a timely manner
Provide current and valid documentation that provides enough information for DAS staff to determine appropriate academic adjustments
Meet qualifications and standards set forth for all Rend Lake College students
Advocate for their individual needs


Require documentation of disabilities
Determine what accommodations are appropriate
Provide only those accommodations required by the disability that do not sacrifice the academic integrity of the program, course, or activity


Ensure that its programs and facilities are accessible and usable
Inform students of available accommodations and procedures for requesting them
Make reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.


Students with disabilities who wish to request accommodations and services may apply with DAS. Appropriate documentation of disability(s) must be provided.

After registering, the appropriate accommodations will be determined on an individual basis. An accommodation plan will be developed and updated each semester or as needed.


Disabilities Coordinator:
Dr. Kirk Rhodes 
North Oasis 130 (618) 437-5321 ext. 1204

For additional information about Postsecondary Education and Students with Disabilities, visit the Department of Education’s web site at



Test Proctoring

The Baker Administration Building is now the home for test proctoring services on the Rend Lake College Campus. Our staff is available to facilitate make up testing in a convenient, structured environment with flexible hours to accommodate most schedules.

RLC Students:

  • You must make every effort to attend the tests given by your instructor on the test date.
  • In the event that you miss a test, you must contact your instructor to make arrangements for make-up testing with him or her first.
  • If a time cannot be arranged to meet with the instructor, he/she will provide and schedule a make-up test with the Testing Center (Extension 1268) during the posted testing hours.
  • You must bring a valid picture identification (Driver’s license or student ID) with you in order to make up a test.
  • You must read and sign the student testing agreement.
  • Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated and the same penalties apply just as if you were testing in the classroom

Non-RLC Students:

  • You must make contact with the Testing Center (Extension 1268) in order to arrange delivery and instructions for testing from your institution. There is a $15 fee for test administration.
  • You must bring a valid picture ID (Driver’s license or student ID) with you in order to take the test.
  • You must read and sign the student testing agreement.
  • You will be subject to Rend Lake College’s policies on Academic Dishonesty and will be subject to the same penalties as RLC students for abuse of this policy.
  • We reserve the right to deny the testing service to any outside agency should the offering of this service become problematic.

Testing Center
Department Phone Number: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1268
Department Email: [email protected]
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: Testing Center
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: Testing Center

Testing Center

Schedule Your Testing Appointment Here

The Testing Center is located in the Baker Administration Building on our Ina Campus. We offer a range of testing services, including placement tests, general test proctoring and testing for outside agencies. You can even take examinations for college credit. View the information below to get started with Testing Center services at RLC.


 ACCUPLACER is a series of untimed computerized placement tests developed by American College Testing (ACT). Students need to take the ACCUPLACER test if they plan to take a class with a math, English and/or reading prerequisite.

1 Enroll at RLC      2 Call to set up your test 618-437-5321 Ext. 1266

note icon Students are exempt if they scored at least a 20 in English, a 20 in Reading and a 22 in Math on the ACT; or a 480 in English and a 530 in Math on the SAT. ACCUPLACER testing takes place on a daily basis on campus with other testing dates and times scheduled as needed. Test scores are valid for five years. Students are allowed to take the ACCUPLACER test a maximum of two times after the beginning of their senior year in high school.



Why should I take the ACCUPLACER Test? - To evaluate the student's educational abilities for advisement and placement in areas that are important in college: Writing, Reading and Math. 

Who must take the ACCUPLACER Test? - Students seeking to register for a course requiring a math, reading and/or English prerequisite score. Test results are valid for 3 years and can be taken twice after the beginning of the student's senior year. Students who already hold college degrees, students with special testing needs or students with other special testing considerations should contact test administrators prior to testing.

Who is exempt? - Students with the following ACT scores: ENGLISH = 19, READING = 19, MATH = 22. Students with the following SAT scores: ENGLISH = 480, MATH = 530.

How many times can I test? Students may retest one time. The highest score will be used for placement.

Where should I test? The ACCUPLACER test is given in the RLC Testing Center, Baker Administration Building Room 116.  To schedule a placement test please visit then select the 'Virtual Testing Appointment' option.  

What are the costs? Students are not charged a fee to take ACCUPLACER.

What should I bring? Your social security number.

What are the tests like? Although testing is done on a computer, no computer experience is required. Directions are clearly stated, and help is available. Your test is highly individualized and tailored to your skill. There is no time limit. Most students complete the testing in about 2 hours. Scores are available as soon as testing is complete.

For more information, contact the RLC Academic Advisement Center at 618-437-5321 Ext. 1266 or 1268.


College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Academically talented students can demonstrate mastery of certain courses or subject areas and receive college credit. 

RLC awards credit for CLEP scores of 50 or more in these subject areas:

CLEP Test … Receives credit for RLC course …
College Mathematics MATH 1107
College Algebra MATH 1108
Calculus MATH 1121
Macroeconomics ECON 2101
Microeconomics ECON 2102
Biology BIO 1100
Chemistry CHE 1101
American Government POLI 2101
American Literature ENGL 2111 and ENGL 2112
Educational Psychology PSYC 2103
English Composition (With essay) ENGL 1101
English Literature ENGL 2109 and ENGL 2110
History of the United States I HIST 2101
History of the United States II HIST 2102
Human Growth & Development PSYC 2102
Humanities HUMT 1105
Psychology PSYC 2101
Sociology SOCI 1101
Spanish SPAN 1101, SPAN 1102, 2101 and 2102
Western Civilization I HIST 1101
Western Civilization II HIST 1102
Information Systems & Computer Applications CSCI 1101

$15 RLC test proctoring fee. $87 CLEP exam fee. See CLEP website for more info



Illinois State Police (ISP)

Illinois State Police

 We are a testing site for the Illinois State Police Merit Board, which serves applicants for becoming an Illinois State Trooper.


Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC)

MSSC testing is managed through RLC's Community and Corporate Education division. Interested in taking a certification exam? Contact RLC Community and Corporate Education to set up a time to take the exam in our Testing Center.

MSSC Assessments tested at RLC include Safety, Quality Practices & Measurement, Manufacturing Processes and Production, Maintenance Awareness, and Green Production.

note icon Get prepared for MSSC tests with training through RLC Community and Corporate Education.

 $60 one-time setup fee. $50 per exam. Call Community and Corporate Education 618-437-5321 Ext. 1380.


Certiport Testing

RLC is a Certiport Testing Center where students can test for the Microsoft Professional Certifications in Academic Advisement. This allows students in the Office Systems Technology, IT Systems Assistant, and IT Systems Specialist programs to get their Microsoft certifications. The certifications give students an advantage when an employer is looking to hire someone with Microsoft skills.

General Test Proctoring

Do you need to take a test for a class at another institution? We offer convenient test proctoring with a representative of RLC's Testing Center. There is a $15 fee for each test. Call to schedule. 618-437-5321 Ext. 1268.



Testing Center
Department Phone Number: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1268
Department Email: [email protected]
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: Testing Center
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: Testing Center

STARS logoBasic Logo

PAST EVENTSsign me up


STARS is a federally funded TRIO program committed to the success of first-generation, low-income, and/or scholars with disabilities. Our mission is to empower scholars to:

  • Develop the necessary skills, knowledge, and attributes to complete a post-secondary education.
  • Achieve maximum academic success and career readiness.
  • Graduate as skilled, self-actualizing professionals and global citizens who lead through best practices and lifelong learning.

Services Provided (Free for STARS Scholars)

One-on-One Tutoring

Career Guidance

Individualized Academic Advising

Cultural Enrichment Activities

Priority Class Registration

Access to STARS computer Lab

Personal and Academic Support

FAFSA Assistance and Financial Literacy Training


1. First Generation (Neither parent/guardian has a four-year college degree), and/or

2. Financial need (receive the federal Pell Grant), and/or

3. Utilize the Rend Lake College Disability Services 

For more information feel free to browse our STARS brochure or email us here.



Useful Links

Transfer Colleges:
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale -
Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville -
Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois -
Murray State University in Murray, Kentucky -
University of Illinois, Springfield -
University of Illinois, Chicago -
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign -
McKendree University in Lebanon, Illinois -
Greenville College -

Scholarship Information:
College View—
College Board Search—
Illinois Dollars for Scholars—
SIU-C Scholarship Search—
RLC Foundation Scholarship Opportunities— — —

Other Useful Websites:
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) —
The Student Survival Manual —
MatchCollege -


Our STARS Program is a Student Support Services grant, funded by the U. S. Department of Education as a component of TRIO. It is designed to help eligible Rend Lake College students make the most of their college years by offering the counseling and academic support that may be needed to successfully complete a college degree and transfer to a four-year university.  The STARS Program assists 160 Rend Lake College students each year. 

note iconStudent Support Services is a grant developed in 1965 under Title IV of the Higher Education and Cooperation Act and is administered by the U. S. Department of Education. There are over 900 Student Support Services programs serving college students nationwide. Rend Lake College was awarded a TRIO Student Support Services grant for the first time in 1997.