This two-year transfer program leads to an Associate in Arts Degree. The curriculum is designed for students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in sociology.
The Sociology transfer program at Rend Lake College provides students with the background in sociology and general studies necessary for advanced work at a four-year institution. Students are advised to check with the institution to which they are transferring or an advisor at Rend Lake College for any additional requirements.
Sociology - DegreeARTS & SCIENCES DIVISION
Associate in Arts Degree
► Total = 64 Hours
First Semester (13 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 1101 Rhetoric and Composition I 1 (3)
- SOCI 1101 Introduction to Sociology 1 (3)
- Elective – Fine Arts (3)
- Elective – Science with Lab (4)
Second Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 1102 Rhetoric and Composition II (3)
- HEA 1101 Health Education (2)
- POLI 1101 State and Local Government (3)
- PSYC 2101 Introduction to Psychology (3)
- SOCI 2101 Social Problems (3)
- COMM 1101 Principles of Effective Speaking (3)
Third Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- ANTH 1101 Cultural Anthropology (3)
- MATH 1111 Statistics 1 (4)
- PSYC 2105 Social Psychology (3)
- SPAN 1101 Elementary Spanish I (4)
- Elective – Humanities (3)
Fourth Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 2106 Intermediate Composition (3)
- SOCI 2102 Marriage and the Family (3)
- SPAN 1102 Elementary Spanish II (4)
- Elective – Fine Arts / Humanities (3)
- Elective – Science (3)
- Elective (1)
1 Prerequisite course(s) may be required based test scores.
- Utilize the major sociological theories to analyze the situation orally or in writing
- Identify ways unseen social forces influence the situation and communicate these ideas orally or in writing
- Apply basic sociological concepts and vocabulary to understand social groups and interactions
- Provide a written or oral example of how one's culture might lead to conformity and conflict
Articulation agreements document a pathway between Rend Lake College and the following schools for the academic program(s) listed.
If you are a student interested in transferring to a 4-year university and want to focus on agriculture at RLC, talk to your advisor about class options.
Missouri Baptist University
Faculty & Staff
Connect with us!
Visit our Welcome Center
Located just inside the main door of the Baker Administration Building
[email protected] • 618.437.5321, Ext. 1343
College office hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM • Friday 8 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 4 PM During Summer