Degrees & Certificates in Psychology
PSYCHOLOGY - DegreeAssociate in Arts Degree
This two-year transfer program leads to an Associate of Arts Degree and is designed for students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in psychology.
The Psychology transfer program provides students with the background in psychology and general studies necessary for advanced work at a four-year institution. Students are advised to check with the institution to which they are transferring or a Rend Lake College advisor for any additional requirements.
► Total = 66 Hours
First Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 1101 Rhetoric and Composition I 1 (3)
- PSYC 2101 Introduction to Psychology 1 (3)
- Elective – Fine Arts (3)
- Elective – Science with Lab (5)
- Elective (3)
Second Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 1102 Rhetoric and Composition II (3)
- HEA 1101 Health Education (2)
- PSYC 2102 Child Psychology (3)
- SOCI 1101 Introduction to Sociology (3)
- Elective – Humanities (3)
- Elective – Science (3)
Third Semester (16 Cr. Hrs.)
- ANTH 1101 Cultural Anthropology (3)
- COMM 1101 Principles of Effective Speaking (3)
- MATH 1111 Statistics 1 (3)
- PSYC 2105 Social Psychology (3)
- SPAN 1101 Elementary Spanish I (4)
Fourth Semester (16 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 2106 Intermediate Composition (3)
- POLI 2101 American Government (3)
- PSYC 2103 Educational Psychology (3)
- SPAN 1102 Elementary Spanish II (4)
- Elective – Fine Arts / Humanities (3)
1 Prerequisite course(s) may be required based test scores.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of psychology's major concepts, empirical findings and historical trends.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core fields, paradigms, and theories of psychology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the types of professionals in psychology, psychological disorders, and treatment modalities.
- Demonstrate understanding of the ways psychology is applied in the realms of work, personal life, education, and other real-world situations.
Articulation agreements document a pathway between two or more colleges or universities and their academic programs.
Missouri Baptist University
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale ArticulationThis articulation agreement allows students who complete an Associate of Arts degree in psychology at RLC to transfer seamlessly into SIU Carbondale’s Bachelor of Arts (BA) program in psychology.
To meet the requirements of the agreement, students must earn a minimum of 64 credit hours at RLC with a GPA (grade point average) at or higher than a 2.0. Of these 64 credit hours, several specific courses must be completed and passed, including public speaking, rhetoric and composition, college mathematics, introduction to psychology, introduction to sociology, cultural anthropology, and elementary Spanish. Transfer students will then be required to complete 56 credit hours at the 300 and 400 level at SIU Carbondale to earn a BA.
Faculty & Staff
Connect with us!
Academic Advisement Center
Administration Building, Office 115
[email protected] • 618.437.5321, Ext. 1266
College office hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM • Friday 8 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 4 PM During Summer