INA, Ill. (April 27, 2021) — The Rend Lake College Board of Trustees held a special meeting this afternoon in order to elect its officers and seat re-elected members Dr. David Asbery and Jeff Jones.
Asbery and Jones were elected to six-year terms on April 6.
All board officers were unanimously re-elected to their positions:
- Randy Rubenacker — Chairman
- Larry Manning — Vice-Chairman
- Brian Dorris — Secretary
The board also appointed Bryan Drew of Drew Law Group as Board Attorney, Angie Kistner as Treasurer, and John Kabat as llinois Community College Trustee Association (ICCTA) Representative.
Rhodes hired as coordinator
The board hired Dr. Kirk Rhodes as Learning Enhancement and CTE Success Centers Coordinator. Dr. Rhodes holds a Ph.D. in Special Education from Walden University and is currently a teacher, dorm parent and lacrosse coach at The Gow School in New York state. Rhodes will start at RLC on July 1.
The board ratified the acceptance of a retirement resignation from Business Office Accountant Lana Wilson who served the college for nine years.
In other business, the board:
- Granted permission to increase the local match for a Capital Development Board project after bids to replace fire doors and air handler units on the Slankard Center came in $49,960 higher than anticipated;
- Approved the first reading of a revision to the college's policy and procedure on full-time employees working remotely.
Mark your calendars ...
- March 25 – April 30 Culinary Showcase (limited seating); Rend Lake College Ina Campus
- Tuesday, April 27, 2021; 5:00 – 7:00pm Studio RLC “Virtual Open House; Via Zoom
- Friday, April 30, 2021; 8:00 am 39th Annual Welding Competition; Advanced Technology Center (ATC)
- Thursday, May 6, 2021; 10:00 am Radiologic Technology Pinning Ceremony; Rend Lake College Theater
- Thursday, May 6, 2021; 1:00 pm Nursing Pinning Ceremony; Rend Lake College Theater
- Thursday, May 6, 2021; 3:00 pm Annual Faculty/Staff Awards Event; Rend Lake College Outdoor Track
- Thursday, May 6, 2021; 4:30 – 6:30 pm Jefferson County CEO Trade Show; RLC MarketPlace in Mt. Vernon
- Friday, May 07, 2021; 5:00 pm; Pre-K Graduation; Children’s Center Parking Lot
- Saturday, May 08, 2021; 10:30 am & 1:00 pm RLC Commencement; Rend Lake College Outdoor Track
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021; 3 pm – 6 pm Job Search Party; DoubleTree Hotel in Mt. Vernon
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021 Mental Health 101 w/ Lindsey Adams; Virtually – Details TBD
- Thursday – Friday, July 8 - 9, 2021 Paramedic Program Accreditation Site Visit; Virtually
- Saturday, October 9, 2021 Auto Show; Rend Lake College Ina Campus