Ag Founder Carroll Turner honored with resolution
The board approved a resolution to honor Carroll Turner in honor of his 26 years of service as well as his accomplishments as a founding member of the Agriculture Department and retired Vocational Dean of Rend Lake College, effective October 22, 2019.
Delta Regional Authority teams with RLC on $280K initiative
The board approved the proposed resolution regarding the Delta Regional Authority (DRA) award. This resolution shall provide additional funds from Rend Lake College in the amount of $87,000 to said award from DRA in the amount of $193,880 for a total project investment of $280,880. The DRA approved RLC’s project application for the following: create a truck driver training program for the Pinckneyville campus; establish a mobile lab for heavy equipment alignment training; and identify employers to participate in DOL approved apprenticeships. RLC will be responsible for the cost of instruction, classroom space, instructor training, marketing, training supplies, and coordination of project. DRA funds will purchase a semi truck, semi trailer, mobile alignment lab, outdoor shelter and pave an existing gravel lot.
Wininger appointed to Community Outreach
The board appointed Kristen Wininger as Specialist – Community Outreach on a full-time, 50-week, non-tenure track contract, effective October 28, 2019. Wininger has the necessary education and experience to be successful in the position, and has the approval of Junior Achievement Program representatives.
Newell joins President’s Office
The board appointed Amy Newell as Administrative Assistant to the President / Human Resources Specialist on a full-time, 50-week, non-tenure track contract, effective October 1, 2019. Newell will fill this position due to the recent resignation of Felicia Follmer. Newell possesses the educational requirements of the position and has experience relevant to the required duties.
Rutland transitions to Retention and Career Services
The board appointed Reece Rutland as Specialist – Retention and Career Services on a full-time, 50-week, non-tenure track contract, effective November 1, 2019. Rutland meets the qualifications for the position and has relevant experience to be successful in this position.
Board adopts 2019 tax levy
The board adopted the 2019 tax levy (payable 2020). The corporate and special purposes levy went from $3,692,953 in 2018 to $3,877,505 in 2019, an increase of 4.99 percent. The debt service levy went from $3,180,426 in 2018 to $3,179,068 in 2019, an increase of 0.00 percent. Because the corporate and special purposes levy is not greater than 105 percent of last year's levy, no Truth in Taxation hearing is required.
In other business, the board...
- Approved changes to courses, as presented.
- Approved settlement and release agreement.
Mark your calendars...
- Upward Bound Banquet | 6 - 7:30 p.m. Thursday, October 24 in Waugh Gymnasium
- Halloween Concert | 7 p.m. Friday, October 25 in the RLC Theater
- Studio RLC – Cancer Patient Beauty and Support Day | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday, October 26 at MarketPlace
- Southeast Region Trustees Meeting | 5 p.m. Tuesday, October 29 at Shawnee Community College
- Career Days | October 29-30 on the Rend Lake Campus
- Kindergarten Day | 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Thursday, November 7 at the Rend Lake Campus
- Fall Play: Sinbad | 7 p.m. Nov. 7-9, 2 p.m. Nov 10 in the RLC Theater
- RLC Faculty Equity Incubator Workshop | 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8 in the Student Center, Kern Private Dining Room
- RLC Veteran’s Day Event | Noon on Tuesday, Nov. 12 at the RLC Staff Clock Tower
- LRC Trivia Night | 7 p.m. Friday, November 15 in the Learning Resource Center
- Spoken Word and Open Mic Night | 6 p.m. Monday, November 18 at King City Books in Mt. Vernon
- RLC Foundation Annual Dinner | 6 p.m. Thursday, December 5 at the Mt. Vernon Hotel and Event Center