IT Help Desk
IT Survival Guide
Popular Support Topics
Make sure you're not signed in with any other Google Account before you try to sign in with your WarriorMail credentials. Sometimes, it helps to use an In-Private browsing window to rule out any other account issues.
Account Credential Problems
We CANNOT send any usernames or passwords via email or other electronic medium and can only be provided to the student. Have your student ID and WarriorMail Address available when you call the RLC Help Desk during our normal operating hours using the information, below.
IT Help Desk is unable to resolve issues within courses. Please reach out to your instructor if your class is not on your dashboard. If you are unable to reach your instructor or cannot locate class information, contact Student Services for further assistance
Information Technology provides students, faculty and staff computer equipment, network access and technical support. Common issues include:
- Learning Resource Center online resources
- Account Password Resets - Student can visit the Password Reset Portal to change their password (IF they know their current password.) The Password Reset Portal will NOT change your Warriormail password. You will need to manually change it through Google. Students must enroll first, then they will be able to change their password at any time, even if they do not remember what it currently is.) Students may also call the Help Desk during regular business hours have assistance with enrolling or changing their password.
Submit A Request
By Phone: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1259 | Submit Request Online
When emailing the help desk, please add a phone number for a quicker response.
Monday – Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm Friday: 8 AM - 4 PM
Closed Saturday - Sunday
Student Support Topics
Canvas Minimum Requirements
|Minimum System Requirements||Minimum System Requirements|
|Operating System:||Windows XP SP2(Home or Professional)||Operating System:||OS X (10.5)|
|Processor||2.0 GHz (single core)
|Processor||PowerPC G5 or G4 (867 MHz and faster) processor|
|RAM||1 GB||RAM||512 MB|
|Hard Drive Capacity||40GB||Hard Drive Capacity||40GB|
|Video RAM||128MB||Video RAM||128MB|
|Recommended System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
Windows 7 (Home or Professional)
|Operating System||OS X (10.6)|
|Processor||2.0 GHz (multi-core)||Processor||Intel processor Core 2 Duo|
|RAM||2 GB||RAM||2 GB|
|Video RAM||256 MB||Video RAM||Nvidia or ATI graphics Card|
|Hard Drive Capacity||80GB||Hard Drive Capacity||80GB|
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
|Internet Explorer® 9||Internet Explorer 8||Firefox (Final Release Channel)||Firefox 3.6||Chrome (Stable Channel)|
|Windows® XP (32-bit)||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows Vista® (32-bit)||Certified||Compatible||Certified||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows Vista (64-bit)||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Certified||Compatible||Certified||Compatible||Certified|
|Windows 7 (64-bit)||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
Apple® Mac OS® Operating System
|Safari® 5.1||Safari 5.0||Safari 4.0||Firefox (Final Release Channel)||Firefox 3.6||Chrome (Stable Channel)|
|Mac OSX 10.5 "Leopard®"||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Mac OSX 10.6 "Snow Leopard®"||Compatible||Certified||Compatible||Certified||Compatible||Certified|
|Mac OSX 10.7 "Lion®"||Compatible||Unsupported||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
- Canvas strives to make all its products as accessible as possible. JAWS for Windows 11 and 12 were used during accessibility testing.
- Canvas Learn requires the latest version of Sun JRE 6. The JRE can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp. JRE 7 is not supported.
- The following technologies are not supported:
- Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7
- Firefox 1.x, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5
- Safari 2.0, 3.x (or any version on Windows)
- Mac OSX 10.4 "Tiger"
- Java 5
- Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 are tested in Standards Mode. Some known issues can be resolved by using Compatibility Mode (emulates IE7 behavior).
- Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have moved to a rapid release cycle. At the time of testing, Chrome 16.0 and Firefox 9.0 were the latest available versions. Since then, new stable versions may have been released and widely adopted. Canvas is supporting all newer stable versions of Chrome and Firefox.
Canvas vs OSRS
Online Student Record System (OSRS)
Students at RLC have two online accounts, one for OSRS and one for Canvas. OSRS is used for retrieving information about your RLC account, such as grades, schedules, or an unofficial transcript. Your OSRS is created when you enroll. Your username and password for OSRS are the same ones you use to access Canvas. If you forget your OSRS password, call the help desk, 618-437-5321 ext. 1259 for assistance.
The OSRS login is located at www.rlc.edu/myrlc or from the "Online Access" menu on most RLC.edu pages.
Canvas is RLC's online course management software suite. All RLC online courses, and several face-to-face courses will use Canvas to easily pass information from instructor to student. Your Canvas account will be created by RLC staff. Each student should have a maximum of one Canvas account. Call the help desk if you encounter any issues with this. Your Canvas account will remain the same regardless of how many semesters or how many online courses you enroll in at RLC. If you forget your Canvas password, call the help desk, 618-437-5321 ext. 1259 for assistance.
To access Canvas, visit canvas.rlc.edu or click "Canvas" in the "MyRLC" menu at the top of all RLC.edu pages.
Accessing the Learning Resource Center Off-Campus
In order to be able to access the Electronic Library away from the campus you will need to use your student credentials.
When you access the Electronic Library away from the campus you will use the same information you use to log onto your Canvas, Online Student Records, and Warrior Mail Accounts.
Your login name is your last name, first initial, and last 4 digits of your Warrior tag.
Your password is one that the computer-generated or the one that you set up.
You will be asked for this information when you click the links within the Electronic Library.
If you need further assistance with your account contact
IT Help Desk Technician–
(618) 437-5321 xt 1259
(618) 437-5321 xt 1276
General Web Site Help
RLC.edu has changed! The new home page has been designed to offer users faster access to all areas of RLC.edu. All areas of RLC.edu are accessible from the menu system on the homepage, which is identical to the menu above (in red). Simply "hover" over the menu name and a menu will appear, then click on the option you want.
For example, to check grades online, hover over "Online Access," the first menu option is "Online Student Records." Point to this option on the menu and click.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for the new RLC.edu, email an Information Technology Specialist!
Click HERE To Report A Problem With The RLC Website
IT Help Desk
Phone: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1259
Email: [email protected]
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: IT Help Desk
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: It Help Desk