This is the smart choice for child care.
Recently reaccredited for five more years by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the Rend Lake College Foundation Children’s Center offers care to children 6 weeks to 5 years old throughout the school year. Summer care is available to children up to 12 years old.
• Positive relationships for all children and adults
• Curriculum for all areas of child development
• A qualified staff, dedicated to creating a safe, loving, and educational environment for children
• The choice for RLC students, employees, and families in the community for years
• DHS subsidy and private payments are accepted, and other payment options are available for RLC students
For information, or to place your child's name on a list for consideration, contact:
Director, Rend Lake College Foundation Children's Center
c/o Rend Lake College
468 N Ken Gray Parkway
Ina, IL 62846
618-437-5321 x 1393
OUR MISSIONWe value…
• A play-based curriculum that emerges from the needs and interests of children
• Open, honest communication at every level in the Children’s Center
• A dedication to our job and the children and families we serve
• A partnership between teachers and families to best meet the needs of each child
• In participation of all staff and parents in center wide decisions
• In being role models for fellow teachers, RLC students, parents, and children
• There is always room for improvement
• Each child is an individual and develops at his/her own rate
• Education is a lifelong learning experience
We will promote…
• The highest quality of child care, following NAEYC, QRS, and DCFS standards
• Positive relationships with families and fellow staff members through open communication and the fostering of an encouraging, safe environment
We will encourage…
• Parents to be partners in their children’s education
• Respect for our center, staff, children, and families
• A sense of community and belonging
• Independence and self confidence in children by motivating them to initiate learning
We will respect…
• Parents, children, and fellow staff members
• Cultural practices and values of all families and staff members
Gold Circle Standards
What is the major criteria of Gold Circle quality program?
Gold Circle programs have met the highest quality standards in three areas: learning environment and teaching quality; administrative standards; and training & education.
Programs are actively engaged in continuous quality improvement.